We are proud to provide orthodontic care every year to children and young adults with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs.
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by our doctors
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
***Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics.
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is May 1st, each year.
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.