Our office is pleased to offer our patients Damon System braces. These high-tech braces use a slide mechanism to hold the archwire, reducing the amount of pressure exerted on the teeth and allowing the teeth to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. Thanks to these innovative new braces, achieving your perfect smile can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible!
- Great results in less time — After analyzing your specific needs, we will be able to provide you with a treatment plan that will have you smiling soon!
- Damon braces allow freedom of movement — This allows for faster results with lighter forces.
- Fewer adjustments are required — As a result, your appointments will be shorter and fewer in number.
- Less discomfort than traditional braces — Damon braces are small, very comfortable, and easy to keep clean.
Damon System Braces
In the past, braces were bulky and uncomfortable, required lots of visible metal bands around teeth, and required elastics to hold archwires in place. Elastics can cause friction, therefore moving teeth slowly and causing discomfort as they straighten your teeth. That was then… Today, materials and techniques initially created for use in outer space and in computers have changed the way Dr. Don and Dr. Kim will improve your smile. Dr. Don and Dr. Kim use the Damon System, and they’re certified and experienced in using Damon braces. The Damon System’s advanced braces technology includes…
- Self-ligating Damon braces to eliminate the need for elastic or metal “ties” that cause friction (Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the archwires so that teeth move freely, quickly, and comfortably.)
- Small and discreet brackets, so they’re less noticeable and more comfortable. Plus, Damon braces are also available in clear brackets.
- A slide mechanism to hold the wire, which allows teeth to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. With no need for traditional elastic ties that attract and collect plaque, Damon braces make dental hygiene easy during treatment.
- Space-age, heat-activated memory wires that were developed for use in the NASA space program. (The wire is called ‘memory wire’ because it returns to a pre-formed shape, which is how the wires move your teeth faster, with less force.)
Self-ligating braces – A world without elastic ties!
Self-ligating braces use a specialized clip in place of elastics to help the archwire guide teeth into place. These clips help reduce the amount of pressure being placed on the tooth and require fewer adjustments because there are no elastics to replace.